What is the difference between massage therapy and regular massage?
What’s the difference between regular massage and therapeutic massage? They both are relaxing, and provide relief, but can be very different. So let’s learn the difference, read on!
What is regular massage?
Regular massage, is usually known as Swedish massage. It’s generally very relaxing, and can help you chill out. Very good for stress, Swedish massage can help your body recover from a stressful day and help your nerves come back to baseline.
What is massage therapy?
Therapeutic massage is often known as massage therapy. This can often be categorized as deep tissue massage. Trigger point, myofascial release, and other modalities are used to heal pain and improve motion.
What techniques are used in regular massage?
In regular massage, therapists typically use lighter pressure and a variety of long, flowing strokes to help promote relaxation and circulation. The techniques used may include effleurage, petrissage, and tapotement.
What techniques are used in massage therapy?
How often should I get a regular massage?
The frequency of regular massages depends on your individual needs and preferences. Regular massage is typically known as Swedish Massage. Swedish massage is usually more for general wellness, and can be done less frequent. Once a month is usually good. If you are chronically stressed, once a week may be right for you.
How often should I get massage therapy?
The frequency of massage therapy sessions depends on the specific health issue or condition being addressed. Usually, if in pain, once per week is recommended. If you go beyond two weeks, you usually won’t see any progress.
Other Topics Related To Massage Therapy:
- How often should you get massages?
- When should you not have a massage?
- Are massages really worth it?
- How long are the benefits of a massage?
- Do massages help with weight loss?
- What is the difference between massage therapy and regular massage?
- What happens in a massage?
- Do you talk during massage therapy?
- Do massages have long term benefits?
- Benefits of massage therapy
- History of massage therapy
- Massage therapy for athletes
- Massage therapy for pain relief
- Massage therapy for stress and anxiety
- Massage therapy for pregnancy
- Massage therapy for seniors and people with disabilities
- Massage therapy for infants and children
- Massage therapy for cancer patients
- Techniques for self-massage
- Massage therapy for chronic conditions
- Massage therapy and alternative medicine
- Massage therapy and chiropractic care
- Career opportunities in massage therapy
- What should you not do during a massage?
- Is massage therapy painful?
- What happens to your body after a massage?