In this article, we will discuss full body massage for men, their advantages, and everything you should know before scheduling your first massage therapy.
What Are The Benefits of Massages For Men?
There are so many benefits of massage therapy for men, both physically and mentally. It can relieve tension from a challenging week at work, treat a tight neck, or assist with an old sports injury. Because of this range of benefits, massages for men can be such a vital component of a comprehensive self-care routine
Generally speaking, a massage session will give you the following physical and mental benefits:
The Physical Benefits of Massages For Men
- Less muscle tension: From intense workouts to hunching over a desk all day, muscles can become tight over time. Massage can help to decrease muscle stiffness, getting them back to their natural, untense state.
- Improved circulation: When blood flow is limited, muscles, tendons, ligaments, and fascia will start to tense up and cause pain. Massage therapy addresses this by using techniques that increase blood flow.
- Improved flexibility: Studies have found that post-exercise massage can lead to improvements in flexibility. By releasing tension in the muscles, you create more space for them to move, granting you more flexibility.
- Reduced soreness: Additionally, studies show that massage can aid in reducing muscle soreness. If you struggle with long bouts of soreness after the gym, consider adding a sports massage into your post-workout routine.
The Mental Benefits of Massages For Men
- Lower stress: Stress commonly appears in our body through physical pain. A relaxing massage not only helps your muscles decompress, but it can help your mind unwind, as well.
- Improved mood: When you’re less stressed and more relaxed, you’re usually in a better mood! And let’s be honest, no one’s in a good mood when they have an aching back or a crick in their neck. A massage that addresses these issues can get you into a happier head space.
- Lessened anxiety: Although a massage may not cure anxiety, it may help to temporarily relieve the symptoms. Studies show that massage therapy can reduce anxiety and lessen depressive symptoms.
What Are The Best Massages For Men?
Woman massage immediately comes to mind when we think of the word “relaxation.” However, massage has advantages that are not just for ladies. Equal rights and needs apply to massage therapy for all genders.
Even if they take advantage of male grooming services or benefit from massage therapy, guys will remain men and their manly characteristics won’t diminish. Here are the top 7 types of massage therapy for men, that every man should try:
1. Swedish Massage:
One therapeutic session of Swedish massage will relax your entire body and rejuvenate the senses. In Swedish massage, the therapist uses 5 techniques namely pounding, shaking, gliding strokes, kneading and rubbing. It is an oil-based massage followed by a steam bath.
2. Thai Massage:
For a common person, every massage means relaxation. But Thai massage is different. It is one of the most rigorous and revitalizing types of massage in nature.
In this massage therapy, professional therapists use their hands, legs, knees, elbows and feet to stretch your body in different yoga poses. Thai massage is like doing different yoga asanas to alleviate joint pain and relieve the tension in the muscles
3. Reflexology Massage:
In reflexology massage, a professional massage therapist applies different levels of pressure to the feet, hands and ears. Theoretically, it is believed that if you suffer from some chronic pain or medical discomfort in these body parts, reflexology may be helpful.
4. Head, Neck & Shoulder Massage:
A head, neck and shoulder massage is a pure sensory pleasure. Just sit back, put your stress aside, close your eyes and enjoy the ecstasy.
That’s not all. Along with giving you a complete paradise-like experience, this type of massage also alleviates headaches, reduces anxiety, stimulates blood circulation and promotes hair growth. Sounds amazing?
Don’t just believe in my words, book one now at Immerse Modern Massage: The Best Massage in Portland Oregon and feel the bliss yourself.
5. Hot Stone Massage:
A hot stone massage is a therapeutic process used to relax soft tissue and ease tensed muscles throughout the body. In hot stone massage, the therapist places heated stones, made of basalt, on specific areas of your body.
The therapist places these smooth stones along your spine, stomach, face, chest, palms, and feet. And uses the techniques of circular movements, long strokes, tapping and kneading to ease the pain.
6. Sports Massage:
Sports massage is one of the best types of male massage for recreational exercisers and elite athletes. This type of massage is typically performed during training, pre-performance, post-performance and for rehabilitation purposes.
7. Deep Tissue Massage:
As obvious from the name, Deep tissue massage targets the deeper layers of muscle tissue and eases hard knots in those muscles. In this massage, the therapists use their elbows, fists and knuckles to treat the pain points.
Here are the top 3 benefits of deep tissue massage.
What To Expect During a Massage For Men
If this is your first time receiving a massage, you probably have some questions. You can anticipate the following from any kind of massage service.
You can relax with the help of massage therapy in a major way. You can therefore choose a few options to bring that about. You may be certain that a professional is taking care of you by picking a recognized massage business or spa. Then, if you have a preference, you’ll probably be able to pick a male or female therapist.
You’ll always have a towel or sheet over your private areas when getting undressed. Your level of clothing may vary depending on the sort of massage you receive. In contrast to a full body table massage, you may be allowed to keep all of your clothing on during a chair massage.
You can discuss with your therapist how much pressure to use throughout the massage in order to feel comfortable. Yes, you are permitted to speak during the service. Be honest about how you feel, how you might feel better, and, most crucially, how you feel when something hurts.
Finally, most massages use lotions and oils to enhance the experience. If you have any allergies or concerns about what’s being used, you can ask your therapist about it.
Communicate and be open with your therapist so you can create the best experience possible.
Where To Get Full Body Massage For Men?
With Immerse Modern Massage, you can receive the best massage session with a licensed professional. You can book a massage in Portland Oregon, planning it weeks in advance or reserving a same-day session. Book an Appointment to get started!
What We Offer in terms of Massage For Men:
- Full body massage for men
- Facial massage for men (Face massage for men)
- Back massage for men
- Thai massage for men
- Hot stone massage for men
- Shoulder massage for men
- Deep tissue massage for men
- Relaxing massage for men
- Lower back massage for men
F.A.Q: Best Full Body Massage For Men
Here are the top frequently asked questions about full body massage for men and which one is right for you.
Is body massage good for men?
Yes, according to studies and surveys it is beneficial for both mentally and physically to get a massage regularly.
Which body massage is best for men?
- Swedish massage
- Thai massage
- Head, Neck & Shoulder massage
- Hot stone massage
- Sports massage
- Deep tissue massage
What does a massage do to a man?
Massage relaxes the body, boosts circulation and lowers levels of cortisol, the stress hormone. All these things help reduce stress on the heart and improve cardiovascular health.
Massage for men is a way to feel better and look better physically, emotionally and mentally. Go through the above mentioned details and find the one that works best for you. Explore our wide range of male massage services to book your favorite one now.
If you are dealing with any medical concerns or conditions, we suggest you consult with your healthcare provider first before getting any types of massage.